it doesn't look that menacing while it's dry
- pump water from lake to reservoir built on camp deck
- place person on tube in reservoir and wait for it to fill
chase is way more patient than me
- raise gate and flush person down slide to lake
- decide reservoir is too small, so build it up so it holds about ten times more volume
- send adventurous but unsuspecting cousin's girlfriend down first to test it out
- if the test run is successful, send substantially larger cousin down next
he might go a little bit faster than the seven year old girl
- if this is unsuccessful (ie. if he plows into the lake at top speed, digs in, and flips the tube, resulting in a scraped-up back, a sore tailbone, and several days worth of whining), decide that you need to build a ramp at the bottom to help the tube transition more smoothly.
- decide that the best way to test this out is by sending both cousin and girlfriend down on the tube at the same time.
- laugh maniacally when tube flips, girlfriend lands on head on the bottom of the lake, and cousin lands on top of girlfriend.
- float around the lake for a little while, then go sit in the sauna.