you know what always really bothered me? how everyone on friends used to totally act like ross's interest in dinosaurs was the most boring thing on the planet. um, have any of them ever even seen a dinosaur?! they're basically like the most fascinating extinct animal there is. well, except the dodo bird. did you know the name "dodo" is thought to come from the dutch word "dodaars," which roughly translates to "knot-arse"? you probably did, if you've ever looked up dodo bird on wiki. such is my devotion to extinct animals. take that, friends other than ross!
luckily for me, the discovery channel knows exactly how interesting dinosaurs are.
- t-rex is the best dinosaur parent. they protect their babies for a really long time compared to other dinosaurs.
- sauroposeidon laid a bazillion eggs and then just left them to fend for themselves. their babies had a one in three thousand chance of surviving.
- one of the reasons that they just left their young behind was because sauropods were so big and needed so much food that they had to keep moving from area to area or else they would run out of food.
- they also had stomachs that chew their food for them! and their stomachs were as big as a swimming pool! full of acid! sauroposeidon were pretty impressive.
- t-rex's eyelids were made of bone.
- triceratops was the most dangerous animal ever to evolve on land. its head weighs one thousand pounds!
- quetzalcolatlus were like prehistoric stealth bombers and had a wing span of forty feet.
- ankylosaurus had a piece of bone in the tip of its tail that they could use as a sledgehammer.
- t-rex can cover fifteen feet in a single stride and can see prey miles and miles away.
- paleontologists have really awesome beards. they are pretty much the hairiest of the science world.
i also like his hat.