in contrast, the other night when looking through my old book of lists (yes, i have one) i found one called "people who are mean to me," subtitled: "people to make fun of in stories" (apparently this was my idea of the consummate revenge). after reading this list, i realized a couple of things. firstly: somewhere along the line, i stopped wearing my anger on the outside and started choking it back into the cavernous abyss of my cold, dark heart. cause there is no way in hell i would ever, ever post this list for people to read on the internet. secondly (and most shockingly): there are names on the list that i don't recognize. seriously... at one point, these people made me angry enough to put them on my list, and yet only a few years later, i have no idea who they are. i'm sure there's some kind of super deep life lesson i can take away from this, but unless that lesson is "don't post lists of people you hate on the internet, cause for all you know they might grow up to be someone important, like the prime minister, or the editorial assistant who picks your manuscript out of the slush pile", then i don't know what it is.
anyway, i can't just make you read all that and give you at least some idea of who was on this revenge list:
- dalhousie theatre department (i'm not sure what the entire department did to piss me off, but i'm sure it probably involved either a bad grade or a boy in a dance belt.)
- yellow cab (i knew there was a reason i always called casino. i just don't know that reason).
- pretty much every boss i ever had.
- a girl named sarah who was so annoying that she deserved a parenthetical and two exclaimation marks (god she is so annoying!!)
- the same friend of a friend who said something mean about my sister. apparently this is something that i never, ever forget. keep that in mind if you ever, well, think about saying something mean about my sister.
- econo-save (okay. that was homer, not me).